Tall image on web page is truncated when printing

Subject: Tall image on web page is truncated when printing
From: "Anameier, Christine A - Eagan, MN" <christine -dot- a -dot- anameier -at- usps -dot- gov>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 15:26:08 -0500

Here's an odd one. I have a tall, tall screen capture--about three
screens' worth, assembled in Photoshop to look like one image. (Have I
mentioned that I don't have any say in the interface design of this
application? This is one long screen full of settings. Scroll scroll
scroll.)

When I put it on a web page and try to print the page, the image is
lopped off at the bottom of page 1. There's at least another pageful of
stuff there that just vanishes. I've been playing with float and clear
and also with page-break-before/after/inside (in a combination of
reverse psychology and try-anything desperation), and nothing so far can
make the rest of the image print on page 2.

I have a text equivalent written up and placed next to the image--I can
ditch the image if need be--but it would've been nice for the visually
oriented types to see exactly what it would look like on their
screens... Anyone have a solution to this?

Christine

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO
Create professional Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and
demos with all new RoboHelp Studio. More at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com