Re: Hi-tech babble baffles many

Subject: Re: Hi-tech babble baffles many
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 12:09:52 -0700 (PDT)

Well, right now, seemingly for some portion of the
audience, the Adobe ad is no different than a Clarinex
ad. I know I get a little put off by a 30 second
commercial that says a product can make my life
easier/better but doesn't explain what it is. I know
there's a specific legal reason why pharmaceutical ads
aren't allowed to say certain things that can't be
completely said in 30 seconds or less, but Adobe
certainly has the time pocket to throw out a blurb
about what a portable document is and why it's cool.

Just my thoughts.

--- Sean Brierley <seanb_us -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:
> Why would Adobe have to explain that in a TV ad?

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://sbc.yahoo.com

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO
Create professional Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and
demos with all new RoboHelp Studio. More at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com