RE: Frustrated

Subject: RE: Frustrated
From: "GeneK" <gene -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 26 Jun 2003 12:57:12 PDT

I'm not sure exactly what about this conversation bothered
you. Your co-worker pretty much summed up what your role
as a technical writer in a Mfg dept is: to act as a bridge
between R&D and Mfg; to watch and know the Mfg environment
and processes, to ensure that information provided to Mfg
by R&D takes Mfg needs into account, *and* to find and
correct R&D's errors before they get to Mfg. In short, to
do a lot of things that R&D scientists *might* very well
be able to do themselves for Mfg, but *don't,* either
because they haven't got the time or just don't give a
damn about Mfg's needs. Sounds fairly important to me,
and it must be to someone there, or you wouldn't be there
and the Mfg people would just be spending their time going
to R&D and complaining about a need that wasn't being
addressed.

Gene Kim-Eng