Re: Maximum File Size For Word Documents

Subject: Re: Maximum File Size For Word Documents
From: "Robert E. Simanski" <rsimanski -at- yourpubpro -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 23:12:56 -0500

At 03:19 AM 3/26/2003 -0800, Peter Harkins wrote:

It's been about five years since I last used Word. It crashed occasionally
then, the idea that it *still* has crash bugs or, far worse, corruption bugs
boggles the mind. Does everyone see these bugs? I'm just amazed people put
up with software that eats work in the fashion people have described here.

The first release of Word 97 was dreadful. Service Pack 1 took care of many of the problems and Service Pack 2 helped even more.

I have been using Word 2000 for several years. I frequently work with files of 2 or 3 MB and lots of graphics and have had very few stability problems. I have also installed all of the service packs.

Part of the secret in avoiding problems is to start with a properly-configured, high-quality computer system without the crippling compromises that most of the brand-name manufacturers make to keep the cost down. You can help yourself even more by managing and controlling the software that loads when Windows starts and remains running in the background. See my post in this same thread dealing with system resources.

Robert E. Simanski, Owner, Business Pro Services
Publications * Web sites * Proposals * Computer Support
751 South Sugarland Run Drive, Sterling, VA 20164-1328
Voice: 703-404-8665 Fax/Data: 703-404-8156
rsimanski -at- yourpubpro -dot- com * www.businessproservices.com

Order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE RoboScreenCapture, WebHelp Merge Module and iMarkupSoftware, for a total giveaway value of $473! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com