RE: Tech Writer makes it BIG on CBC!!!

Subject: RE: Tech Writer makes it BIG on CBC!!!
From: "Paula Stern" <paulas -at- commtouch -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 17:17:36 +0200

Just as an aside, there seems to be an indication that technical writers are having trouble making a living in Israel. While the entire hi-tech industry is suffering around the world, and Israel has been hit hard by security and economic issues, there are plenty of us here in Israel who are doing very well. Technical writing in Israel is still a thriving, much-in-demand occupation and I do not think the number of unemployed technical writers is disproportionately large.

Just last month, STC-Israel sponsored a full-day convention that was attended by more than 240 technical writers. There may be those who choose to relocate, but there are plenty of us who have never been so advanced and fulfilled in our careers. Israel remains a major center for research and development. Our technical writers are top notch and winning awards right and left. Many are seeking work, but many others are finding employment. Yes, salaries are down - but isn't that true in the US and Europe as well?

I've heard plenty of complaints from technical writers around the world - but our prices in Israel are extremely competitive, our quality is excellent, we have direct access to translators from dozens of languages right here, etc. etc.

Bottom line - the situation isn't nearly as bleak as some of the recent posts suggest.

Paula

Order RoboHelp Office X3 by March 14 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
plus FREE WebHelp Merge Module and FREE iMarkup Software, for a
total giveaway value of $439! Order today at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com