Re: Weird Technical Writing Tasks

Subject: Re: Weird Technical Writing Tasks
From: "Steve Schwarzman" <steve_schwarzman -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 13:11:16 -0600

The weirdest thing I ever had to do? Go shopping for sheets (yes, the kind you sleep on).

We had a customer coming in for training, and the classrooms weren't available. So I booked a conference room. A VP in charge of nothing in particular heard that I was going to put PCs on the soft-wood table he had picked out so lovingly, and wanted me to cancel the course. I won, since it was for a customer. But he insisted I get a table covering. It was the day before the class, and there was no way I could get a custom-fit table pad in time. So I went shopping for the thickest tablecloth I could find. All the cloths were floral, etc. - not appropriate for an office setting. So I got sheets instead.

I bet it was the only time the company has purchased sheets. Well, I hope so, anyway.

From: "Darren Barefoot" <darren -dot- Barefoot -at- capeclear -dot- com>
So, what's the weirdest thing you've done in your job recently?

Order RoboHelp Office X3 by March 14 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
plus FREE WebHelp Merge Module and FREE iMarkup Software, for a
total giveaway value of $439! Order today at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com