RE: ADMIN: Don't start down this road

Subject: RE: ADMIN: Don't start down this road
From: Michael Bryans <Michael -dot- Bryans -at- hummingbird -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 14:39:24 -0500

Tom,

Perhaps, I'm a dreaded list lurker. Hide the women and children!

Perhaps, I'm not so thick as to forget that many lists, info sources, and
public/private collections have archives. Thank you anyway for condescending
to point me to this resource. So, does one not merit the benefit of the
doubt if one has not posted often (or at all), or (gawd forbid) has not been
a subscriber since the last ice age? For what it's worth, I've been to the
archives many times -- on this matter -- and others. Believe it or not.

I do not accept the validity of the ADMIN characterization. I do not think
it prudent to cast aspersions to a named country in a global forum either,
and I do not think it prudent to suggest someone is racist/xenophobic. Just
end the thread. Period. What if the ADMIN (or your) characterization is
wrong? Or based on circumstantial online evidence.

Anyway, how are you defending the position of AP? For the umpteenth time
(I'm counting the offline rebuttals) -> I agree, Eric has the right to limit
and end the thread. I don't believe he has the right to declare certain
characterizations of individuals online.

I will not bother to make assumptions about you, or direct your attention to
anything. After all, as you are one of "us who have been on the list for
awhile". I respect your tenure.

Now ... for those who will inevitably complain this post is not about
technical writing ... I tried to craft the original post as clearly and
evenly as possible -- in the interests of communications. Perhaps, I failed.
There. Please forgive if I have erred herein. I am a lurker, after all.

Warmest regards,
Mike

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com