RE: ADMIN: Don't start down this road

Subject: RE: ADMIN: Don't start down this road
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 10:37:32 -0800 (PST)

--- Michael Bryans <Michael -dot- Bryans -at- hummingbird -dot- com> wrote:

> Narrow, how? I was referring to the text of the post. I do not see the
> alleged racist or xenophobic intent in the text, or between the lines. In
> general, I agree with your scapegoat/blame theory. It might apply to
> certain people. However, I do not think it fits in this case. If you are
> still seeing a narrow viewpoint in my words, or between the lines, then
> maybe you should consider a new optical prescription. No disrespect
> intended.

Perhaps you have not been on the list very long. Perhaps if you checked the archives
you would learn just how xenophobic and racist even the opening volley was and how
far that thread degenerates over time. Those of us who have been on the list for
awhile, and hence have seen few truly new threads after a bit, are grateful that the
thread was nipped in the bud. (Well, at least *I* am.)

> I acknowledged that right or authority in my message. You really ought to
> get that prescription. You are twisting things to make a point. The
> following clearly identifies the instigator and associates him with a
> particular negative intent (Note: I've left out names and places):
> "Do not even start down the racist, xenophobic
> path that <xxxxxxx> instigated with his crack
> about sending jobs to ..."

Again I direct your attention to the archives. In fact, you will find plenty of
posts by the poster mentioned in Eric's original message. You will, of course, judge
for yourself the validity of Eric's characterization--notwithstanding his power and
authority over the list--but I, for one, don't think Eric was out of line at all.

In fact, I find it odd that I find myself in the position of defending the points
raised by AP. Irony of ironies. <g>

=====
Tom Murrell
mailto:trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com
http://home.columbus.rr.com/murrell/index.html Last Updated 10/28/02
--First keep the peace within yourself, then you can also bring peace to others.
Thomas a Kempis (1380 - 1471), 1420--

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com