Re: More employment woes...

Subject: Re: More employment woes...
From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 04:26:45 -0800 (PST)

Forget about being ignored, disrespected, etc. and recognize
that this is a GREAT situation. You are flying completely under
the radar screen; management barely knows who you are.

I have been in this situation in the past, and I hated it, but
finally I learned to use it to my advantage: This is the perfect
opportunity to learn some new skills while still getting paid.
Download some new software and learn it. Sign up for some online
technology courses. Get certified in something. Or maybe learn
about some web technologies you have been meaning to get to one
of these days. Of course, always make sure your assigned work
keeps getting done.

Don't ask for permission first, because you probably won't get
it. In my view, this type of learning is totally justifiable as
professional development. Just walk around your QA or
development area and see how many folks have cert training books
on their shelves.

Regards,
Mike O.

http://mailplus.yahoo.com