RE: HOTTEST TOOLS MAN!

Subject: RE: HOTTEST TOOLS MAN!
From: "David Knopf" <david -at- knopf -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 06:36:08 -0700

JB Foster wrote:

| Also of worry to me, according to PC Magazine's John Dvorak:
"OpenOffice
| with the presentation graphics module is impressive. Microsoft should
be
| extremely concerned, and I assume the company will find some way to
break
| this software, perhaps with a service patch to Windows XP that
| "accidentally" causes weird problems. This will have to be subtle,
lest it
| draw attention to the tactic."
|
| I have the latest Windows updates on my computer. Maybe that's where
the
| problems are! And being like everyone else out there with dead-lines
... I
| can't afford to fool around with a product that may be Microsoft's
next
| target. Will wait and see what happens.

I have the latest Windows updates on my machine, as well, and have had
no problem whatsoever installing or running OO.org. As for John Dvorak:
I admit his columns are *most* entertaining, but his record as an
accurate prognosticator is rather poor.

Regards,

David Knopf ~ mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com
Knopf Online ~ San Francisco, CA ~ http://www.knopf.com
See the HAT Output Comparison at http://www.knopf.com/resources/hatcomp

Consulting & Training on FrameMaker, WebWorks Publisher & WordHelp
WebWorks Publisher Certified
Consulting & Training on RoboHelp * RoboGURU
Member, JavaHelp 2.0 Expert Group
Moderator, HATT, wordhelp & wwp-users

AUTHORING TOOL for MS Word. SAVE $100 on the full version and $50 on the
upgrade. Offer ends 10/31/2002 (code: DTH102250).
http://www.componentone.com/d2hlist1002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com