RE: synonym for "from scratch"

Subject: RE: synonym for "from scratch"
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 16:00:21 -0400

Why?

Do a search for "From Scratch" on Google (make sure you include quotes to
get the exact phrase) and you'll get thousands of hits, across all types of
disciplines, from very reputable sources. It's a commonly used phrase

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
212-414-6656
"Be accurate...the 4am wakeup call you prevent could be your manager's"

Roger Bell <RBell -at- OptioSoftware -dot- com> wrote:

> I want to tell users they can create something from a template or "from
> scratch." However, "from scratch" doesn't have the right euphony to me.
> Any suggestions for an alternative to "from scratch?"

FrameMaker-to-PDF TimeSavers Assistants let you enhance & automate navigation
in PDF doc sets (chapter tabs, next/prev chapter/pg, bookmarks, popup menus);
create interactive PDF forms, rollover popups; presentations: http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com