Re: I'm taking my marbles and going home...

Subject: Re: I'm taking my marbles and going home...
From: "John Fleming" <johntwrl -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 03:13:51 +0000

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 21:28:13 -0400, while chained to a desk in the scriptorium, holmegm -at- attbi -dot- com wrote:

$kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com wrote:
$
$|Diane wrote about "hilarious" job ops:
$
$|>Or how about this one: Leading Media company seeks talented $|>and motivated technical writer to provide technical documentation $|>and marketing support for a proprietary online tool." $|>It pays $20 - $25 an hour.
$
$|I'm confused - you're out of work, but snubbing what is potentially $|a 50K-per-year job? (52K if you don't take a vacation)
$
$I'm glad I'm not the only one who had that reaction. We are we $talking US dollars, right, Diane? What was the joke again?

Absoultely right.

If that $25 is in US dollars, that would translate into $37.50 per hour Canadian ($70,000 Canadian per year assuming a 37.5 hour work week and no vacation).

According to a pile of tax statistics I downloaded from the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency last year (1998 data), that would put you in the top 15% of tax filers by income.

--
John Fleming
Technical Writer and SAS Programmer

Please respond to the group. My address is set to reject e-mail from senders not in my address book.

and more from the TECHWR-L Store. All proceeds support TECHWR-L. http://www.cafepress.com/cp/store/store.aspx?storeid=techwhirl

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l