RE: Bombs in the Workplace

Subject: RE: Bombs in the Workplace
From: Kim Roper <kim -dot- roper -at- vitana -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 13:23:29 -0400

Bob asked:

> My problem is ethics. We were a division of a larger
> corporation so I am
> hesitant to mention the company. Personally, I do not think I should.
>
> Any comments?

Let's get back to basics. What is the purpose of this document?

> I have been asked to write a short item about dealing with serious threats

> in the workplace.

Okay, that's straightforward enough. It seems that the important issue is
the threats themselves. In the scheme of "who, what, where, when, why and
how," you're mostly dealing with "what" and "how." The "who, where, when
and why" components should address the concerns of your audience--this could
happen to *them,* in *their* workplace(s). Unless the company in question
bears a close and relevant resemblance to that (or those) of your audience,
it's not important. Even if it does, it can probably be described in
general terms, unless the company has a unique risk level (eg, The US Postal
Service).

Cheers ... Kim

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com