re: TOC page in HTML help

Subject: re: TOC page in HTML help
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 08:32:42 -0700 (PDT)

-----------------------------
Ilana Cohney wrote:

I recently saw an online Help manual which had no icons in its TOC. It looked really clean and elegant. Simply had the TOC1 in capitals and =
the TOC2 indented in another colour in lower case. Does anyone know of a e-help tool that can create a TOC like this?

I am really quite sick of seeing the little books and open file icons on every help project.
------------------------------

I used forehelp to create a web help project a while back, and I found references to the graphics in the TOC in some of the javascript files. RoboHelp might do the same thing. If so, you should be able to track down the name of graphic, find the graphic and replace it with a 1px transparent gif. That's if you don't want to mess with changing the Javascript. If you're talking about a chm file, I just did created a dummy project, and couldn't find any graphics for the TOC in the project.

I know you can change some properties of the TOC using the TOC Styles tab in the Project Settings dialog. You can change the books to file folders. You might want to start there and do a little goofing around.

If all else fails, you can always check the documentation......

Sean Hower - tech writer
http://hokum.freehomepage.com

"Whatever you do, do NOT let your editorial decisions be made by the squiggly spell-checking lines in Word!" ~Keith Cronin, Techwr-l irritant ;-)

Create your own web site for FREE at http://www.freehomepage.com

Promote your group and strengthen ties to your members with email -at- yourgroup -dot- org by Everyone.net http://www.everyone.net/?btn=tag

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com