Re: Quark vs. FrameMaker ... today?

Subject: Re: Quark vs. FrameMaker ... today?
From: Goober <techcommgoober -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 20:08:12 -0700 (PDT)

> Can anyone offer any wisdom? Has Quark made up the
> gap, and is FrameMaker really soon to be obsolete?

FrameMaker is NOT going away. This horrid rumor seems
to raise it's fugly head about once every 3 months.
Adobe has no plans to abandon FrameMaker whatsoever;
it's now being marketed as THE publishing solution.
See an Adobe tour at a town near you...

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?50 -at- 240 -dot- ZxQJaqoTGQX^0@.eebbbf5/0
or
http://www.inframe-mag.com/inframe/adobe.htm
and
http://www.adobe.com/events/main.jsp

Quark may be able to handle long documents, but it'll
never compare to Frame when it comes to style
handling, numbering, and most important, book
management. Quark is a layout tool, FrameMaker is a
book publishing tool. You can bend one to sort of do
what the other can do, but they both shine best at
what they were designed to do.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l