Re: Slashdot is most definitely not a "myth."

Subject: Re: Slashdot is most definitely not a "myth."
From: Mike Stockman <mstockman -at- mac -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 14:22:57 -0400

On 06/01/2002 1:17 PM, Aahz (aahz -at- pythoncraft -dot- com) wrote:

>Um. I *am* a software developer, among other things, and software
>developers are the people I spend most of my time talking to (at least
>when it comes to technical matters). Those are the people who most
>pooh-pooh Slashdot, IME. If you think that software developers respect
>Slashdot, you must hang out in a markedly different community from mine.

That may be true, that all the software developers you talk to pooh-pooh
Slashdot. Some of the developers I know do the same. All of them,
however, read it daily.

I learn a great deal by reading the stories mentioned on Slashdot. I also
browse the comments at a very high moderation point level, so the -1, 0,
1, and 2 comments don't even show up on my screen. I learn even more that
way.

None of it's gospel; some of it, even the highly rated stuff, is crap.
But for technical news summaries, there's nothing better. And most
developers I know visit it regularly.

Mike

mstockman -at- aol -dot- com AOL Instant Messenger: MStockman

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l