Re: CD Release of Documentation

Subject: Re: CD Release of Documentation
From: "Dana Worley" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 09:59:34 -0600

On 22 May 2002 at 13:19, Snyder Heater, Regina wrote:

> My company would like to release our product manuals on CD. The
> manuals are created in Framemaker 6 and then distilled to PDF. Simple
> enough. However, I would like to make the CD a little more than a
> listing of the file names. I'd like to create an interface that loads
> when the CD is run that allows access to the various manuals.

We have a similar CD. It includes all our manuals, literature, and ap
notes in PDF format, as well as demo software or software that we
offer for free.

I used DemoShield to create a front end. When the CD is inserted,
the demo runs automatically. There is a navigation page that has a
list:

Software Installations
Market/Customer Applications
Application Notes
Product Literature
User Manuals
Contact CSI

Software Installations takes you to a page that lists all the available
software and when you click on an item, the installation for that
software begins.

Contact CSI is a page with contact info, along with mailto: and http:
links.

The remaining categories open a PDF that lists all of the documents
in that categories, and when you click an item in the list, that PDF
opens.

It works fairly well for our needs.

Dana W.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l