Re: Who needs or uses technical writers?

Subject: Re: Who needs or uses technical writers?
From: Brad Jensen <brad -at- elstore -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 09:04:00 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Shaeffer" <jims -at- spsi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 7:52 AM

> I have joked(?) that if the programmers can't fix it in code,
> I'll fix it in the documentation and if that doesn't work
> we can sell a training program to the users.
>
> Jim Shaeffer (jims -at- spsi -dot- com)

Actually it should be fixed in Sales:

"That's not a bug, it's a feature."

For example, we made a phrase search in our full text indexer.

The programmer was proudly showing it to me, and he looked for

John Smith

and he got

John Smith
Smith, John

which is now our new -adjacent words in any order-

feature

Brad Jensen
www.elstore.com