Re: Book on Standard Operating Procedures & Policies?

Subject: Re: Book on Standard Operating Procedures & Policies?
From: Ann Hastings <explorer227 -at- juno -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 12:45:56 -0700

Two I like are:
"Writing Effective Policies and Procedures: a Step-by-Step Resource for
Clear Communication" by Nancy J. Campbell, copyright 1998 AMACOM, and

"Procedure Writing: Principles and Practices, 2nd ed." by Wieringa,
Moore, and Barnes, copyright 1998 Battelle Press.

On Sun, 21 Apr 2002 10:10:58 sclarke -at- nucleus -dot- com writes:

> Hello everyone:
>
> Approx. 3 weeks ago,I stumbled across an excellent discussion
> concerning
> the differences between policies and procedures. One of the posts,
> in
> response,suggested a reference to a good book on this subject.
>
> I *thought* I'd saved that particular post for future reference. I
> can't
> seem to find it now. I've also searched (for several hours) through
> the
> archives and can't seem to find the particular post that contained
> the name
> of the book. I believe that the gist of the post(containing the
> reference
> to the book) was that this book was very useful in terms of
> explaining a)
> how to write "good" policies and procedures and b) differences
> between the
> two.
> Does anyone on the list recall the name of this book? If not,could
> you
> please perhaps point me toward some good resources?
>
> Thanks
>
> Sara

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.