Re: Goodbye TECHWR-L (and lurking)

Subject: Re: Goodbye TECHWR-L (and lurking)
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 10:56:02 -0400

I am usually one of the list's lurkers and planned to stay that way on this
particular thread. Perhaps after writing this I should have! I too have
mixed emotions about Andrew's departure. His unmitigated candor certainly
added flavor to many posts. I cringed at his some of his blunt off the cuff
remarks, but also had the choice to delete the posts. More often than not,
I hit that key. One of Andrew's final comments and John Posada's "URL
suggestion" hit home.

There is a group of what I deem to be
"The Cowardly Off List Flamers" of TECHWR-L. Anyone who posts here is
subject to them, myself included. I've been appalled by some of the
incredibly rude and sometimes crude off list comments I've received for my
few posts. They've ranged from blunt advise to stay off the list with future
comments, to unsolicited spelling corrections. One only imagines what has
filled Andrew's mailbox.

Andrew freely expressed his opinions, obviously paid dearly for them, and
decided he'd had enough. Some of us will miss his irrepressible humor...

No off list flames please. Now back to lurking, and work.