Re: Multi lingual Online Help

Subject: Re: Multi lingual Online Help
From: Joe Campo <jcampo -at- solidworks -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 10:26:15 -0500

Elizabeth
Depending on the languages, the best tool to handle that is RoboHelp.
RoboHelp is the only online help product we found that supports our Asian
languages.

Use RoboHelp to produce web help files. You of course need actual
Translators to localize the help. You could also create pure HTML files with
home grown TOC and Index and JavaScript, if you have severe file size
limitations.

You may want to consider creating a pdf help because my tests show the file
size to be similar to the pure HTML help.

Find out if there are file size restrictions, because webhelp bloats file
size significantly.

Good luck.

Subject: Multi lingual Online Help
From: "elizabeth mathew" <eliza_denny -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 17:37:38 +0530

Hi All

We are in the process of developing a web application, which is
targeted for
customers round the globe. Hence, the online help too needs to be
multi
lingual. I don't have any idea about any tool that could do this.

We are looking for a tool which looks/works similar to the WebHelp,
and also
gives multi lingual support. Please advise me on this or any other
alternatives.

Thanks,

Elizabeth

Joseph Campo
Technical Writer
SolidWorks Corporation
300 Baker Avenue
Concord, MA 01742 USA
(978) 371-5164
jcampo -at- solidworks -dot- com
SolidWorks: Unleashing the power of 3D for everyone in product development