Re: HOW TOS?

Subject: Re: HOW TOS?
From: "Jim Morgan" <Jim -dot- Morgan -at- portalplayer -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 13:08:42 -0800

I think one of the great lessons of hypertext theory is that different people will look for information different ways. So I agree with those who don't see Radwa's situation as an either/or. My user documentation always includes both approaches described.

Of course, the boss has to be convinced, so I'll recommend the guideline I give my employees. If a customer makes a request you disagree with, it's your responsibility as a professional to push back once (politely). After that, the customer has the right to make the mistake.

BTW, my master's thesis on persuasion suggests that it will indeed help to mention to the boss the support you've received from this list for your position.

HTH,
Jim