RE: FWD: What a predicament!

Subject: RE: FWD: What a predicament!
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 12:33:47 -0700

It's not clear from this post whether anything illegal was really done.
>From the details given, it seems quite legal. The ethics could certainly
be debated, but the VP's move might be quite pragmatic: imitate the thing
that is successful. Think how many e-commerce Web sites now look almost
exactly like Amazon.

I believe you've had a bad time of it, but I have a hard time conceiving
of a TECH WRITING job getting me so depressed that I'd be out of work on
disability. New York firefighter, yes. Tech writer? I don't see it.

Anyway, I guess this is no help, but maybe it's a wakeup call. It's a job.
Somebody pays you, and they get to make the rules. If what they ask you to
do bugs you enough, go somewhere else. But recognize that life and
business do not necessarily follow YOUR rules. And I'd advise against
getting so deeply emotionally invested in a job that it can affect your
psyche.

Good luck - I hope your next job is a better fit. You can help make that a
reality, by approaching it realistically.

-Keith Cronin