RE: What a predicament!

Subject: RE: What a predicament!
From: "Rob Writer" <piercedroo -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 13:58:17 -0600

<I believe you've had a bad time of it, but I have a hard time conceiving of a TECH WRITING job getting me so depressed that I'd be out of work on disability. New York firefighter, yes. Tech writer? I don't see it.>

I promised myself I wouldn't respond to this thread. But Keith Cronin is one of the people on this list who I tend to always read (I'm a closet fan, Keith...I enjoy and appreciate your wit and "just do the job" attitude).

I was a Combat medic in the Army, and a paramedic in Houston. I guess everything really is relative. Like Keith, said...I can't imagine tech writing getting me that depressed.

But that doesn't diminish the reality that it could lead someone else to depression. My advice, like many others, is to look for a job else where. But I would take it one step further. When the stress of being a paramedic was more than I wanted to bear, I found a new career (tech writer). I would suggest you take a long look at that alternative too. Tech writing's not for everybody.