RE: Fonts, Color, etc.

Subject: RE: Fonts, Color, etc.
From: "Ehr, Meg" <Meg -dot- Ehr -at- smartworks -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:12:51 -0500

"esprague -at- kemperinsurance -dot- com" said:

"when tempted to use color, it's worth it to also take into consideration
that many of your users may be color blind to one extent or another."

Heh. I had an outline for a doc I was working on, and as an informal update
method, I decided to color-code the items in the outline to reflect status
and ownership. I thought it looked pretty good, and the text colors made it
obvious which items were done, which I needed more information for, etc.

I sent it off to the manager for whom I was doing the doc, who promptly
asked me which items still required input from his team. "Those are in red,"
I said.

That's when he told me he was red-green color blind...

Meg Ehr