Re: Writing Course for Developer's

Subject: Re: Writing Course for Developer's
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 13:15:57 -0700

Shannon wrote:

> I would like to ask if anyone else has developed a writing course for
> developers?

I'm thinking a quick trip to a police supply/military surplus shop may be
in order, because I think the main thing you'll need is BODY ARMOR. Think
kevlar. Lots of kevlar.

Has this idea been pitched to the Dev team yet?

My guess is that there may be more than a little resistance to this idea,
and that you'll be facing a very "tough crowd" (said in my best Rodney
Dangerfield voice).

Don't get me wrong - I think it would be great if developers were to learn
some writing skills, but I have not found that most of them welcome the
idea of such training. It seems to suggest that they do NOT actually know
*everything*, an idea that's just heresy, plain and simple.

Hate to be so cynical, and I hope your experience is different! Good luck!

- Keith Cronin

Tech writers. We all speak the same lingua franca. Except for those of us
who don't know what a lingua franca is.