RE: Training in Speaking (was: What should I wear for a phoneinte ---rvi ew?)

Subject: RE: Training in Speaking (was: What should I wear for a phoneinte ---rvi ew?)
From: "Barry Kieffer" <Barry -dot- Kieffer -at- worldwidepackets -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:12:14 -0800

LOL! That's a good one Kevin!

I must respectfully submit that speaking to a group of people who are about to jump out of an airplane, is different from speaking to a group of engineering project managers about the merit of technical communication.

A friend of mine teaches survival skills to military people (she calls it "teaching grown men to poop in the woods") and when you are talking about the topic of survival, or how not to die when you jump out of an airplane, the level of interest, and level of listening, is much higher.

-Barry Kieffer