Word 97: Can't remove yellow highlights

Subject: Word 97: Can't remove yellow highlights
From: Ballenberger Gerd <gerd -dot- ballenberger -at- siemens -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 08:49:28 +0100

I've revised a Word 97document in "Track changes" mode.
In addition I've highlighted text portions (using the Highlight button) in
yellow.
Now I can't get rid of these "sticky" yellow markups.

That's what I've tried:

* select the yellow text, then button "Highlight (none)" (or so; I'm using a
German Word)
* the same the other way round
* highlight the yellow markups using another color --> I can remove the new
color, but the yellow comes back
* switch off the "Track changes" mode
* accept all changes
* save and open as RTF
* google in newsgroups
* remove and re-insert the complete paragraph --> this works in some cases,
but only with Insert / Unformatted Text,
i. e. with all negative consequences (paragraph formatting, special
characters, ...)

What helps really?

Thanks and best regards,
Gerd Ballenberger
Siemens Medical Solutions, Erlangen, Germany