RE: Brief introduction and request for advice

Subject: RE: Brief introduction and request for advice
From: "Barry Kieffer" <Barry -dot- Kieffer -at- worldwidepackets -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:24:15 -0800

Greetings Laurence,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

My suggestion is going to be the suggestion of a hundred others. Lucky for you the answer is right in plain sight, and you even wrote it in this missive:

Learn new tools and technologies. It is not as hard as it might sound. Take a beginning programming class in something (almost) universal like the programming language C or Java. You are not expected to get an 'A' or start a new career as a programmer, but rather to understand how the programmers around you are thinking by association with programmers in your class; and have a cursory understanding of structured programming.

Learn a new tools and technologies. Do web searches on .NET, Java, XML, Network Security, what ever interestes you. Look to the STC where they have seminars, presentations, and workshops on tools so you can at least say: "Web Works Publisher? yeah, I know about that, played with it once, I am very interesting in working with it more."

Best of luck Laurence, be patient, I know it is not easy, but you will get there.

-Barry Kieffer