Re: What about the client's needs? (was: What would Andrew do)

Subject: Re: What about the client's needs? (was: What would Andrew do)
From: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 11:09:41 -0800 (PST)

--- Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com> wrote:

> Wait a minute! Didn't you recently do the same, telling the story about
> the writer who didn't know what Acrobat was? Personally, I didn't find
> either inappropriate, but everything you say about Elna's story could
> apply to yours. Both could be taken as publicizing the details of
> interactions with cllients. Or do you see some difference that I don't?
> It seems to me that you've been made defensive - unsurprisingly, if so -
> by some of the remarks made about your original point and as a result
> you're expanding on it far too much.

I am glad you brought this up.

My "Dude your (sic) getting a Dell" post differed from Elna's on the
following points:

1. My post was not offered as a "case study." It was offered as a funny
tale.

2. The interaction with the client went smooth. Nobody was dissatisfied
with our work.

3. It was not a detailed account of an argument. It was an open and shut
case.

4. Our project with the client ended successfully, albeit with a little
egg on some faces. Nobody was angry, no lawsuits, no disagreements.

I think those issues make a big difference.

There is nothing wrong with posting information about a client
relationship. Its the manner in which it is done. Posting a long chronicle
of a failed relationship has the potential to backfire on you and invite
speculation about what the "other side" has to say about this.

Andrew Plato

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/