Re: Software opinions needed

Subject: Re: Software opinions needed
From: Kat Nagel <katnagel -at- bluefrognet -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 07:39:40 -0500

At 9:09 AM -0800 1/7/02, Stephen McDermott wrote:

My company is considering a new tool for contracts. Each contract would
have unique header info (customer, effective dates, etc., ad nauseum), but
would be restricted to about 12,000 variations. Each complete contract
would be about 100 pages, but the source info will be about 900 pages. It
is extremely text intensive.

You might start with the Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) at http://www.apmp.org/ .

Their annual convention overlapped with the STC conference in Orlando 2 years ago, and I spent some time browsing through the vendor area. There are quite a few companies that specialize in automating proposal construction and workflow. Many of them include one or more editorial reviews in their default workflow. Some of the companies provide demo CDs.

A few of the names I remember:
http://www.proplibrary.com/
http://www.proposal-solutions.com/
http://www.proposalwriter.com/
http://www.santcorp.com (won some sort of award in 2000)

There is also a web site intended to assist companies who are bidding on federal government contracts. I've been able to access most of their stuff without registering, even their 'Ask the Experts' service. Last time I looked, they had lots of good stuff.
http://www.proposalworks.com/
(part of fedmarket.com, which is part of govcommerce.net)

Hope this helps,
--
Kat Nagel
MasterWork Consulting Services

Sponsored by eHelp Corporation, makers of RoboHelp. RoboHelp 2002 is now available! Get the very latest in Help functionality to create superior Help systems. Get special savings when you buy in January! Visit http://www.ehelp.com/techwr