Re: Alternate name

Subject: Re: Alternate name
From: Kat Nagel <katnagel -at- bluefrognet -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 20:33:11 -0500

At 4:01 PM -0500 1/7/02, Christopher Clunas wrote:

Hi,

We have a feature currently called "Out of Office". It's similar to the
feature in Outlook.

But the name of this feature isn't really accurate. You can be out of the
office and still be "at work".

Any suggestions for alternate names for this feature? "Availability", or
"Away from Work", perhaps?
Or is this just splitting hairs?

I kinda like the way AIM does it. One of the standard away messages is quite useful: "Away from the computer". You can also build a selection of customized messages to select from. The one I used most at my last job was

I'm playing dead because I've got
deadlines...deadlines...deadlines....
Please leave a message.

Sponsored by eHelp Corporation, makers of RoboHelp - the industry standard
in Help authoring. Download a trial version today or get special savings when you buy the RoboHelp 2002 Holiday Edition. Visit http://www.ehelp.com/techwr