RE: Getting what I'm worth

Subject: RE: Getting what I'm worth
From: "Jane Carnall" <jane -dot- carnall -at- digitalbridges -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 12:50:36 +0100

>>If you're just showing up at 9am and leaving
at 5pm <<

Michael responds:
>I'm a bit suspicious of people who claim to constantly work extra hours.
>Could they be:
>a) thick, or
>b) disorganised, or
>c) not able to function much during the hours of 9 to 5 because they are so
>tired from the long working hours of the previous day?

or

d) suffering from a company culture/CEO requiring everyone to show up and
work extra hours because people who refuse to do regular unpaid overtime are
regarded as unambitious and lazy? This is called presenteeism, and it leads
to the Dark Side.

Jane Carnall
Technical Writer, Digital Bridges, Scotland
Unless stated otherwise, these opinions are mine, and mine alone.