Re: FWD: Getting what I'm worth

Subject: Re: FWD: Getting what I'm worth
From: Tothscribe -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 07:46:21 EDT

> They have since given me added responsibilities such as updating
> specific pages for their website, and I will be the publisher of our
> forthcoming knowledge-based support database on the web.

There's your bargaining point. If you are not only doing good work as their writer but are also sparing them the expense of another body to do their web work, 13% is downright cheap. I'd play up that angle in your negotiations - "don't think of it as giving me 13% more, think of it as saving 87% of another salary!"

Nea Dodson