RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: "Dan Hall" <dhall -at- san-carlos -dot- rms -dot- slb -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 07:39:11 -0500

>From reading the posts on this thread, it seems like many TWs feel as I do:
I'm interested in everything!

It's true that I might not follow the intricacies of RF LAN technology if I
weren't working here. However, that's not because I don't find it
interesting. It would be more a matter of not having time, or not knowing
that such a technology existed.

One of the things I really like about being a Technical Writer is that it's
my job to learn about new and interesting things. Many of these things I
might never have known about if they weren't part of my job. On top of this,
they pay me for my time! In the parlance of my nephew, it's like being paid
to eat candy.

The main problem I have in my personal life is deciding which interests to
pursue. Actually, I consider the entire universe of human knowledge to be a
subset of my interests. History, science, mathematics, technology,
languages, the arts ? I know I?m never going to have time to learn as much
as I?d like ? because I want to know everything, and I?m bound to run out of
time, eventually. :)

So it?s nice to spend time learning about new things (something I?d do
anyway) and getting paid for it.

Just my thoughts,

Dan

Dan Hall
Sr. Technical Writer
SchlumbergerSema GTSRN

All the opinions, errors, sarcasm, and wit (if any) expressed in this
e-mail are solely mine. SchlumbergerSema takes neither credit nor blame