RE: translating English online help to French?

Subject: RE: translating English online help to French?
From: "Lurker writer" <lurker_writer -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 07:32:40 -0500

I have to wholeheartedly agree with Jane about the online help translation. A translator at this point is the only way to go.

And forget Babblefish. You get incoherent gobbledygook that will only embarrass your company if you use it.

Check the archives for a very good discussion on machine translations we had about 4 months ago.

If you've ever studied a foreign language, you know how you have to rethink context in order to be understood in that language. I have yet to see or hear about any translation software that comes close to providing that type of critical need.