Re: Big Brother is watching?

Subject: Re: Big Brother is watching?
From: "Drizzle" <mmdeaton -at- mmdeaton -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 17:58:38 -0700

To a certain degree, a company does have a right to monitor the use of its
equipment. After all, they paid for it and they pay to keep it functioning
and you are there to do work. That said, I would leave any company who
treated me like a child and did not respect my ability to manage my own
time. The level of distrust and paranoia shown by this behavior at your
employer - surveilance cameras, monitoring email - I think indicates a much
larger problem. They have no respect for you or your workmates.

Mary Deaton
(206) 323-0701
We're Moving! http://www.mmdeaton.com

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.