RE: Clippy's Demise

Subject: RE: Clippy's Demise
From: Pam Mandel <pmandel -at- nimble -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 08:47:58 -0700

Sigh.

I worked on V1 of a non-Clippy interface for that big company to the East of
where I sit today. MS's new model, to the undying thrill of my manager at
the time, is based on our model, which gave users the box in which to type
their questions but didn't pester them with annoying animation. I still feel
a little bit sad because I worked so closely with the team that made Clippy
go for office - they taught me so much about tools and technology and
natural language query processing. I owe them a thank you note for every
position I've landed since then.

RIP Clippy, and thanks.

PM

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.