RE: FMaker Questions: Pagination and Uneven Line Spacing

Subject: RE: FMaker Questions: Pagination and Uneven Line Spacing
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 14:01:14 -0500

Hallo:

This is normal behavior. Some people prefer it, because it indicates a blank
page was not accidentally slipped in. Some people add "page intentionally
left blank" to such pages, though I do not. Thus, even when I was working in
Ventura, Word, etc., my blank pages had header and footer information on
them.

> I have
> manually set up a blank Master page and specify that the last page
> should use this blank Master page. Is there an easier way to do this?

No.

> For example, when I specify even pagination in Word, it automatically
> inserts a blank page in odd chapters without displaying the
> header/footer info on the last page.

I set Word up to include that header and footer info. I suppose it's a style
issue, what you are used to. If I come to the last page of chapter 3, before
moving to chapter 4 on the next odd-numbered page, and the last page of
chapter 3 is *completely blank*, I get worried that there was a printer
failure, that information is missing, etc.

> 2) For some reason the spacing between my anchored frames (containing
> screenshots) and the caption appears to vary. I have tried everything I
> could think of to control the spacing. For example, I de-selected
> Feathering in Line Layout; I set up a paragraph format called "Frame"
> that I use to anchor frames to every time I insert a frame; I set up a
> paragraph format for captions and ensured that the properties for this
> format were consistent across all files. But there is still inconsistent
> spacing between frames and captions. Does anyone know why this occurs
> and how I can fix this?

I am not sure. Try checking with the framers list
(http://www.frameusers.com) or the Adobe FrameMaker User to User forum
(http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/main.html). These are tool-specific
resources.

Cheers,