RE: Screen shot woes

Subject: RE: Screen shot woes
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 10:01:49 -0500

Hallo:

The resolution of your display is about 96dpi. The issue with the scroll bar
is that it is set up in Windows to be a chequerboard. You need to redefine
how it is set up in Windows, which is a registry hack. According to Steve
Kubis, in the Adobe User to User forums' FrameMaker forum
(http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/main.html), the issue is this:

"Half of the pixels in the scrollbar are based on the "Scrollbar" color for
Windows, and the other half are based on the "ButtonHighlight" color.
Unfortunately, you can't change these colors using the Display Properties.
You need to use RegEdit to change them directly in the registry. The
settings are located in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Colors. I typically
set both of these color values to "224 224 224", which is a nice light gray
color. Restart Windows, and your moire pattern will go away."
I don't happen to have that particular registry entry, but you might.
Otherwise, you have to find where, in Windows' registry, this is set.
As for Interleaf using its own proprietary format, all software that lets
you import graphics uses a way to display the graphics to screen that is its
own. Word does, as does FrameMaker, etc. Some apply more aliasing than
others, so you will see a difference on-screen.
HTH,
Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com