FMaker Questions: Pagination and Uneven Line Spacing

Subject: FMaker Questions: Pagination and Uneven Line Spacing
From: "Carolynne Robertson" <CRobertson -at- FDMSOFT -dot- COM>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 09:40:08 -0800

Hi everyone:

I am a FrameMaker novice. A couple of FrameMaker questions I could
really use some suggestions with:

1) Make Page Count Even
When ask FM to "make page count even" for manuals so that all chapters
start on the right side, instead of inserting a blank page, the page it
inserts picks up the header/footer from the left or right page. I have
manually set up a blank Master page and specify that the last page
should use this blank Master page. Is there an easier way to do this?
For example, when I specify even pagination in Word, it automatically
inserts a blank page in odd chapters without displaying the
header/footer info on the last page.

2) For some reason the spacing between my anchored frames (containing
screenshots) and the caption appears to vary. I have tried everything I
could think of to control the spacing. For example, I de-selected
Feathering in Line Layout; I set up a paragraph format called "Frame"
that I use to anchor frames to every time I insert a frame; I set up a
paragraph format for captions and ensured that the properties for this
format were consistent across all files. But there is still inconsistent
spacing between frames and captions. Does anyone know why this occurs
and how I can fix this?

Thanks!

Regards,

Carolynne Robertson