RE: Dreamweaver to create HTML Help?

Subject: RE: Dreamweaver to create HTML Help?
From: Bill Swallow <bill_swallow -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 06:17:20 -0800 (PST)

Hi Don. I'm replying to the list as well, as this is
something that needs to be communicated out.

> You can do this with the WWP Standard edition that
> comes with Frame 6?

No, you cannot. WWP SE is a limited-functionality
conversion filter packaged with Frame to allow you a
little more flexibility with your HTML output. To do
any real customization, you need WWP Pro.

> Off
> the top of your head, what does the Professional
> vesion of WWP give you that
> the Standard one doesn't?

Control, flexibility, creativity... *g* WWP SE only
allows you to convert to HTML or XML using the
templates supplied. WWP Pro allows you to convert to
HTML, DHTML, XML, HTML Help, WebWorks Help, WinHelp,
JavaHelp (I'm forgetting two other formats I think),
amd allows you FULL CONTROL over every aspect of
creating that HELP, from topic/page layout to
character formatting and replacement.

> I'm about to start a Help
> project using Frame/WWP
> Standard...

You won't get very far without wishing you had more
control. The upgrade to Pro is well worth the cost (I
think it's $695 from SE to Pro, but don't quote me on that).

=====
Bill Swallow
Information Design & Development Professional
bill_swallow -at- yahoo -dot- com - www.geocities.com/bill_swallow
Editor, InFrame Magazine <www.inframe-mag.com>
WebWorks Wizard

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/