RE: reviewing: the saga continues

Subject: RE: reviewing: the saga continues
From: Shari Gray <sharigray -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 11:26:01 -0800 (PST)

Just don't do what I did and throw a good,
old-fashioned temper tantrum (complete with feet
stomping). A training person once did a user guide
without my knowledge. Had he called it a training
guide, I probably wouldn't have flown off the handle.
I basically told them if they wanted to send out a
piece of sh*t that looked like 1985 mainframe
documentation (we're an Internet company), had
client-identifying info in screen shots, and that was
written, they'd have to put a disclaimer page on it
that I didn't write it. While I ended up being able to
fix the document, I made an enemy of an important
person who is more wowed by 500 pages of crap than 30
pages saying the same thing.

It was difficult to wash my hands of the training
material all together (especially since I have
experience in that area). But I did it. I'd give over
my material (which had gone through QA) and tell him
that he was free to copy and paste or use whatever he
wanted. Whether he used it or not, I don't know. He
has since been laid off.

Shari

a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/