Word 2000 - updating cell content in another document?

Subject: Word 2000 - updating cell content in another document?
From: "Bolce-Gormley, Caroline" <Cbolcego -at- usa -dot- capgemini -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 09:51:43 -0600

Using Word 2000, I'm trying to update a table in Document A with
descriptions that can change in Doc B, C, etc. I want to be able to
include the text of the each description itself (one from Doc B, one
from Doc C, etc.) but into the description column in Doc A. That way,
only the summary documents (Doc B, C, etc.) must be maintained, and
changes will reflect back into the description column in Doc A.

This works OK as long as changes are only made inside the bookmarked
text in Doc B, C, etc. If an addition is made outside the bookmark, even
if it is in the same cell, it isn't picked up back in Doc A. I need to
make the maintenance process as bullet-proof as possible. It would be
ideal to be able to bookmark the entire cell area, but that produces an
error message.

Any ideas as to how I can ensure that any change made inside the
description cell in Doc B, C, etc., is reflected back into Doc A
automatically?

Thanks,
Caroline Bolce-Gormley
cbolcego -at- usa -dot- capgemini -dot- com
Cap Gemini Ernst & Young
713-398-6146