Re: FrameMaker - so I wasn't making it up

Subject: Re: FrameMaker - so I wasn't making it up
From: Bonnie Granat <bgranat -at- att -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 10:26:11 -0500

The following paragraph quotes that
article, and I don't think it's saying
much at all. Dismissal of a team doesn't
really mean the product's being
abandoned. Lack of enthusiams about
*supporting* an existing product also
doesn't mean the product's being
abandoned, but rather that technical
support is not going to be a primary
focus (not that, as I understand it, it
ever was).

"In what may be a sign of the times for
the publishing industry, Adobe laid off
its FrameMaker team. FrameMaker is the
Adobe software designed for companies
that publish content of a lengthy
nature, such as books to multiple
channels like print, CD, or the Web. Not
only has the team been disbanded, but
now sources close to the situation are
saying that Adobe may not even support
FrameMaker 6.0 with much enthusiasm."