RE: Legal word definitions (was Ensure vs. Insure)

Subject: RE: Legal word definitions (was Ensure vs. Insure)
From: Dannette Thompson <dthomps -at- foundationsoft -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 14:38:57 -0500

Mark,
You're beginning to make my palms sweat. Here I was, worrying away about the
fact that Marketing keeps "insuring" that our software will do things. And
now you've got me all a-flutter over the legal ramifications of all kinds of
word choices!

I have absolutely no law background whatsoever, but I keep comforting myself
with the theory that should a user choose to sue, they'd have to prove
malicious/misleading intent. And that seems a long shot. But perhaps that
really is just a misguided attempt to help myself sleep at night. What do
you think?

At any rate, if you stumble across any general terminology information
similar to what you're seeking, please share it with the group! We all need
more things to worry about, don't we?

Dannette Thompson
Technical Writer
Foundation Software, Inc.
The #1 Accounting Software for Labor-Intensive Contractors
The opinions expressed in this message do not necessarily reflect the
opinions or policies of my employer or coworkers.