Re: TRANSLATIONS

Subject: Re: TRANSLATIONS
From: "S. Vaughan" <suzanna_v -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 08:48:09 -0500

Hello Tasos,

As a professional translator, I don't recommend that you use translation s/w EVER for any type of project. You're better off finding reputable translators to do your project.

Even if you use a translation memory program, someone has to spend their time entering all the phrases and acceptable translations depending on the field (scientific, computer, etc.)

Why waste that time when you can have someone translate your project and create a translation glossary for each of the target languages?

In the past, I was contracted to clean up the mess left by machine translations or would-be translators who knew the target language but not the source.

I'm curious to know what you want to translate. Please do share.

Suzanne

Sponsored by DigiPub Solutions Corp, producers of PDF 2001 Conference East, June 4-5, Baltimore/Washington D.C. area.