Re: Tech Review Template

Subject: Re: Tech Review Template
From: Janice Gelb <janice -dot- gelb -at- eng -dot- sun -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 13:42:08 -0800

Here is a text version of the sample tech review letter
we provide in _Read Me First: A Style Guide for the
Computer Industry_:

TECHNICAL REVIEW COVER LETTER

To: Reviewer List
From: Writer Name
Subject: Technical Review of [Name of Book]
Date: Date

The attached manuscript is the technical review version
of [Name of Book]. Please review the entire manuscript,
paying special attention to the notes/questions to
reviewers. All open issues and unanswered questions
must be resolved for this technical review to be complete.

I would appreciate your general comments as well as
specific answers to the issues raised in the notes.
Please give detailed and thorough responses. Also,
please address the specific review responsibilities
of your department.

[NOTE: Our Style Guide detailed the specific review
responsiblities for each department]

[Add any comments regarding specific issues/content.]

Your review must be returned by [ p.m.] on [Date.] After
reviewing your responses, I will discuss any discrepancies
at the technical review sign-off meeting, which will be
held:

Date, at Time

Name Conference Room

Due to the tight production schedule, please make
wording or style suggestions only if they affect the
technical accuracy of the text.

Thank you very much for your attention to these documents.
Your comments are appreciated and contribute greatly to
improving the quality of [Company Name] documentation.