Re: HTML Help Questions

Subject: Re: HTML Help Questions
From: Jean Weber <jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 12:44:24 +1000

Another useful, and inexpensive, tool is FAR from http://www.helpware.net/ -- a fine Australian product. It's a great add-on to the HTML Help Workshop. (Note: that's dot-NET not dot-COM.)

I'm a fan of HTML-Indexer, but must mention that FAR's indexing support is expected to be increased in the next release. It might be in the current beta; I haven't checked.

I have no financial or other interest in either product; I'm just a satified user of both.

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
mailto:jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au
The Technical Editors' Eyrie http://www.wrevenge.com.au/
Avalook at Australia Travel site: http://www.avalook.com.au/
-----------------
Now available: Editing Online Help, a tool-independent introduction to planning, developing, and editing online help systems. For a table of contents, go to: http://www.wrevenge.com.au/bookshop/olhbk.htm

At 07:55 AM 18/01/01 -0800, David M. Brown wrote:

Linda Sherman wrote:

> (3) Has anyone used Front Page to develop HTML help? Money's a little
> tight right now, and we don't want to invest in something like Robo for
> this small project. We have Front Page, Home Site, and HTML Help
> Workshop here.

You've already got all you need: an HTML editor (HomeSite) and HTML Help Workshop.

If the project grows, or if you'll have to update the index in the future, I'd suggest adding HTML Indexer.

Sponsored by DigiPub Solutions Corp, producers of PDF 2001 Conference East, June 4-5, Baltimore/Washington D.C. area.