RE: font size equivalence

Subject: RE: font size equivalence
From: "Cummings, Elizabeth" <CummEl -at- ncs -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:05:11 -0600

Thanks for everyone's input. I suspect I should have provided more detail
in my message:

First, I'm using WebEdit; I'm not converting a Word document into an HTML
document by taking the File | Save as HTML route.

Second, a test engineer mentioned that my font size was "too big". Quote,
No one likes to scroll. My sup said that it looked fine, but to ensure that
it is the equivalent to 11 in Word. I eyeballed this, and my font actually
appeared to be smaller than 11 in Word.

Based on Dick's and Tom's comments, I suspect that this person may have
things set up differently--or, her eyes may be better than mine and my
sup's. Scrolling's gonna happen in these procedures, no matter what. I am
all for usability testing, but clearly, you can't be everything to
everybody. I just wondered if there were some font sizing secret I hadn't
been privy to.

--Elizabeth Cummings